Contributed Papers Program
The abstract submission site is closed. Authors will be notified in December 2019 of the status of their submissions.
- Access Your Abstract Submission
- Download the Call for Abstracts
- Resources for Conducting Research Projects
- Preparing a Poster Presentation
It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to:
- Register to attend APhA2020.
- Be identified on the abstract submission as the presenting author.
- Be present during the “Meet the Researchers” poster session on Saturday, March 21, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm.
- Communicate with other abstract authors.
Posters accepted for presentation are available for viewing during APhA2020:
- Poster Set-up: Friday, March 20
- Poster Display Hours:
- Saturday, March 21, 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Sunday, March 22, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Meet the Researchers poster session: Saturday, March 21, 12:30 pm-2:30 pm. Presenting Authors must be present.
Posterboard size is 45" by 90". Posters may not exceed this size (but may be smaller). Push pins are provided.
Financial disclosures must be displayed on posters. APhA adheres to all requirements of the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support in order to ensure all presentations, including poster presentations, provide fair and balanced pharmacy education. Relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest must be disclosed on posters.
Abstracts may be selected for podium presentations for the Day of Science on Friday, March 20. Podium presentations are scheduled in 20-minute intervals, with 15 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions. Podium presenters are notified in January 2020 and will be required to prepare a slide presentation in advance.
All papers selected for oral poster presentations are delivered during the Day of Science at APhA2020. Prior to the meeting, authors will receive a confirmation letter indicating the time, location, and details regarding their presentations.
All poster and podium presenters must register for APhA2020. Unregistered presenters at APhA2020 are considered withdrawn and will not be published. APhA Registration opens in October.
Journal of the American Pharmacists Association
Accepted abstracts are e-published in the July/August Journal of the American Pharmacists Association (JAPhA). Abstracts submitted as Encore Presentations are not published in their entirety; for these, only the abstract title, authors, and original citation are published in JAPhA.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, October 2, at 5:00 pm EDT. Abstracts are not accepted after the deadline.
Contact Patricia Szybist at 202-429-7578 for more information.