APhA-ASP Attendee Info
- Overview of Events for Student Pharmacists
- Explore San Francisco
- Safety Tips
- Career Booth – Career Conversations
- Whether you know exactly what lies ahead or are exploring unique options, join us for a conversation with pharmacy’s leaders and innovators. Scheduled throughout the meeting, Career Hosts rotate in 20-minute segments. Come and go for the segments of interest to you — choose which Career Hosts you would like to hear from and schedule it into your day! Get your questions ready as you learn about their career paths and gain insight into career opportunities. Career Conversations are hosted in the Career Booth located on Main Street in the Convention Center North Lobby.
- APhA-ASP Leadership Training Series
- Mobile App
APhA-ASP Social Media: Use #APhA2017 to share your stories!
APhA-ASP House of Delegates and On-site Events
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates — Registration, Resources, and Resolutions
- APhA-ASP National Patient Counseling Competition
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Nominees
APhA-ASP National Officer Elections
APhA-ASP Opening General Session
Friday, March 24 • Convention Center, Hall E • 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
Alex Sheen is the Founder of because I said I would, the international social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept. Sparked by the loss of his father, Alex began sending promise cards to anyone who requested them at no cost. Since his father’s passing on September 4th, 2012, because I said I would has sent over 4.47 million promise cards to 150 countries. Alex’s commitment to the betterment of humanity has inspired millions around the world. The story of his promises have been shared virally throughout social media and international news.
Alex’s promises include:
- Walking 245 miles across the entire state of Ohio in under 10 days to fulfill a promise to the three Cleveland women who were held captive for 10 years.
- Committing to volunteer at 52 different nonprofit organizations in a single year and honoring his word.
- Promising children with cancer trips to Disneyland and personally delivering 100 tickets.
- Driving through the night to deliver disaster relief aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Volunteering in Ferguson, Missouri on Thanksgiving after looters destroyed small businesses.
Alex’s work has been featured on CNN, ABC World News with Diane Sawyer, TODAY Show, Good Morning America, NPR, Fox News, Los Angeles Times, CBS Nightly News, and many other programs. He has been featured on the cover of Spirit magazine, honored as a Steve Harvey “Harvey’s Hero,” and was the closing TED speaker at TEDxUtica and TEDxYouth@Austin. Alex’s efforts in social media were featured in BuzzFeed’s “Most Important Viral Videos of 2013.” Alex’s posts have made the #1 spot on the front page of Reddit.com more than 10 times. As a nationally respected thought leader, Alex has spoken to 100's of organizations and all of his speaking fees are paid to the nonprofit.