Education at APhA2018
Earn up to 20 hours of CPE credits • Explore new innovations and increase knowledge
Advance your career, increase your professional knowledge, and enhance your patient care through a range of practical courses, knowledge-based and application-based activities, and certificate training programs.
Education session information is available.
APhA2018 education sessions are categorized into specific tracks designed to represent the practice area or general pharmacy content area.
- APhA Training Programs: Participate in APhA's certificate training programs, residency training programs, or Ambulatory Care Review and Recertification program (pre-registration required). APhA’s Advanced Training Programs are CPE activities primarily constructed to instill, expand, or enhance practice competencies through the systematic achievement of specified knowledge, skills, attitudes, and performance behaviors.
- Board Recertification: Designed for pharmacists interested in ambulatory care board certification, recertification, and advancing their professional development. Pharmacists can choose from the Ambulatory Care Review and Recertification courses or various sessions for recertification credits.
- Clinical Patient Care and Services: Receive updates on the management of a variety of disorders, conditions, and therapies, and the services that support them.
- Educating the Educators: Discover tools, best practices, and practical skills for our pharmacy educators.
- Health-System Pharmacy: Explore clinical and administrative topics of particular interest to those in hospital, long-term care, and other clinic settings.
- Integrating Science into Practice: Learn more about the science that shapes the pharmacy profession.
- Nuclear Pharmacy: Updates on products, practices, and policies within the area of nuclear pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Law and Regulations: Understand the laws, rules, regulations, and court cases affecting pharmacists and pharmacy practice.
- Pharmacy Management and Professional Leadership: Deep dive into topics to help manage the pharmacy, lead the team, and develop as an individual.
- Specialty Pharmacy: Topics to enhance the specialty pharmacy in all practice settings including disease state management, dispensing, medication therapy management, patient advocacy and therapy compliance.
Education sessions are categorized into three levels of expertise:
- Level 1: Requires baseline knowledge of the subject area. The information presented is a primer on the topic and appropriate for a wide range of pharmacists.
- Level 2: Experience with the topic is recommended, but advanced expertise or specialty practice in the subject area is not necessary. These educational offerings focus on expanding the learner’s knowledge and application of the new and/or more complex information.
- Level 3: Substantial knowledge and/or specialty experience with the subject area is necessary. These educational offerings focus on expanding current expertise.
Grow in your practice and your career with three distinct CPE activity types:
- Knowledge-based Activities: Didactic sessions designed to enhance or add to pharmacists' or technicians' knowledge.
- Application-based Activities: Case studies or other applications designed to provide pharmacists and technicians with opportunities to apply their knowledge.
- Practice-based Activities (Certificate Training Programs): At least 15 hours of comprehensive activities that incorporate knowledge, skills, and performance.